The Real Soccer Club strongly believes that for a League to qualify as such, certain features or characteristics must be present. The iLeague will offer such features and we are very excited about this! Here is a list of the the most important Club Series iLeague features:
– Same schedule for all teams (round robin)
– Teams/Clubs decide the game times for their home games if playing at their home fields.
– No sharing players amongst teams of the same club in the same “Series”. Players will only be allowed to play for the team to which they are rostered or to a team in a higher age division or Series of the same club. In short, there is NO LATERAL SHARING OF PLAYERS between teams in the same series.
– Promotion and Relegation mechanics
– Limit of teams (2) of the same club in the same city which can play in the same Series
– No a la cart blackouts (Global blackouts may be scheduled for all teams)
– Flexibility with Play-Up players
– Flexibility with Play-Down players in low population and remote communities
– Clubs are protected from defections
– Club Series and Internal Series Options
– Trophies given to Club Series’ champions
– League ran by the local clubs
Most of these exciting concepts are universal to any true league in the world. However, we believe in Idaho, at the club soccer level, we are yet to see them. The US Club Soccer iLeague is bringing this model to our State!
IYSA, the other organization who governs soccer in our state, has not been able to meet the needs of a true league for many years and has limited very much their role in arranging arbitrary scrimmages (instead of a league) with no structure and little or no meaning. We believe this new competitive environment will be beneficial for all players, teams and clubs in our communities (whether playing in the new US Club iLeague or participating on the IYSA Districts’ scrimmages).
For full explanation of all these features please see the Idaho League Soccer Mission Statement.