(1) LEAGUE SCHEDULES & FIELD MAPS
Find them at:
(2) LEAGUE SUMMARY
The Real SC Academy League is a league for U4-U9 teams in the District 3 in Idaho offered by the Real Soccer Club. There are two conferences, one in ADA COUNTY (Real Boise CF & Real Meridian CF) and one in CANYON COUNTY (Real Caldwell and Real Middleton CF), with some crossover league games and a final joint Jamboree each season, Fall and Spring. Additional conferences will be created as the need in other areas grows.
Its goal is to provide an affordable place for teams to play under the latest player developmental guidelines. The RSC Academy League strives to adhere to the mandates of USSF in regards the new player registration by birth year and the player development initiatives via small sided games features. We were one of the first leagues in the state adopting the new USYSA mandates (in Fall 2015). In addition, this league allows teams from other clubs to register their teams, upon acceptance in it, under their affiliate of choice (US Club Soccer, IYSA etc).
Our REC (U10-U19) program runs under the same philosophy of our academy league but the format of play is 5v5. Why? Please read here.
Highlights of 5v5 format:
- Allows players to frequently touch the ball. (Up to 600% more than in soccer per match)
- Presents many opportunities to score goals and score goals often.
- Encourages regaining possession of the ball as a productive, fun and rewarding part of the game (defending).
- Maximizes active participation and minimizes inactivity and boredom.
- Reflects the philosophy of player development expressed in state and national coaching schools.
- Eliminates complicated rules such as off-sides that may hinder youngsters from “playing”.
- Develops speed of play (Vision/awareness, information processing and fast technical execution).
Some REC teams when more developed can consider entering the IYSA Outback League, which provides a league for U11 to U15 with a 9v9 format for U11-U12 and 11v11 for U13-U15 teams.
(3) MODIFIED LAWS OF THE GAME
U5 (3v3) (no Goal Keepers)
U7 (4v4) (no Goal Keepers)
U9-U15 (5v5) (includes goalkeeper)
The philosophy is that coaches are on the field just to help when it is really needed, for example to call fouls or when the direction of a restart is not clear and players maybe confused. We want players to try to manage the game/rules like in street soccer. This will empower players and make them more creative and independent. In addition, there is a tremendous shortage of referees in our area and even the competitive league cannot fill their games. For more details why we do not use referees in our academy or rec leagues, and why we use coaches instead, please read this document.